YesMaam27577

Default Ceramic Tile Help!!!!

I agree with the other replies regarding mortar versus any kind of
acrylic.

And I have to ask -- are you certain that the acrylic did not dry/set
up? Depending on when you set the tile, this may be a case where
you've walked on it too much before grouting. Most people know that
grout makes the tile look good. Many don't know that it also helps
hold the tile in place.

So the best combination -- the only one I'll ever trust for ceramic
tile -- is true thinset mortar, and grout applied as soon as the
thinset is hard.

Note that thinset only comes in powder form. If you're buying anything
that is premixed, it's not thinset. It may claim to be, but it's not.

(Scott) wrote in message . com...
4 weeks ago, I ripped up glued down, berber carpet in our basement
entry. The carpet came up easily and the glue and backing was easily
scrapped up.

I laid down ceramic tile, using premixed Acrylic mortar from Home
Depot. I followed all of the instructions and have had some
experience with tile.

Unfortunately, the mortar seems not to have dried completely and some
of the tiles still seem to float. I can see some of them moving when
I press on them and today one came up completely. I have not grouted
them yet.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Anyone have any ideas what
happened? All of the instructions were followed. The space is heated
and air-conditioned and the temperature remains constant.

It seems as I?m going to have to rip up the tile and start again.
What is the best way to do this and how do I get all of the mortar off
the concrete. Do I or should I seal the concrete before I start
again? What do you recommend?

What type of mortar should I use to lay ceramic tile on concrete in an
entranceway?

Thank you for your help, I am frustrated and at a loss.

Thanks
Scott

Sundog

If you are still waiting for an answer, let us know.

I have my suspicions that sand may have been packed in your mortar bags. No?
Surely you would have noticed.

Sd