FireBrick

Default ceramic tile install question

I removed the old (and I do mean old) ceramic tile that was installed on a
concrete block foundation wall.
As this was a shower, and the grout deteriorated, water pretty well soaked
the block.
The wall looks wet.
I'm blowing air on it with a fan to help dry it out.

Will I have a problem adhering tile using the thin set type adhesive mortar?

Should I let it dry completely or will being damp actually help the
setting/hardening action.

As Bill O'Reilly would say:
"What say you, you have the last word"

The only reason cats need people is because they can't turn doorknobs.

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland

sligo

Visit local library. They likely have books as well as informative video
tapes which should show consistency and methods.
Seamus J. Wilson
"FireBrick" wrote in message
Ok, prep is all done and now it's time for tiling.

Using a thinset and have the acrylic liquid they suggested.
how soft do I mix the mortar?
Like soft peanut butter?

I mixed tons of brick mortar and never counted, did it by eye.
But not sure or the proper consistency for tile.
The tile is going on concrete block on 2 walls, other 2 are backerboard.

And should I wet the back of the tile with a sponge prior to setting on

the
ceiling and walls???

Please and thank you.

The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.

Bill H. in Chicagoland

---

James Keene

FireBrick wrote:
Ok, prep is all done and now it's time for tiling.

Using a thinset and have the acrylic liquid they suggested.
how soft do I mix the mortar?
Like soft peanut butter?

Yeah, that'll work. Use 50/50 water-admix.

I mixed tons of brick mortar and never counted, did it by eye.
But not sure or the proper consistency for tile.
The tile is going on concrete block on 2 walls, other 2 are backerboard.

And should I wet the back of the tile with a sponge prior to setting on the
ceiling and walls???

In hot weather we throw the soft-body wall tiles in a bucket of water.

Charlie Spitzer

"FireBrick" wrote in message
Ok, prep is all done and now it's time for tiling.

Using a thinset and have the acrylic liquid they suggested.
how soft do I mix the mortar?
Like soft peanut butter?

like a stiff cake batter. if you drag your notched trowel through the
thinset, the notches shouldn't collapse. read the back of the thinset bag.
it'll give you this information, and info on slaking too.

I mixed tons of brick mortar and never counted, did it by eye.
But not sure or the proper consistency for tile.
The tile is going on concrete block on 2 walls, other 2 are backerboard.

And should I wet the back of the tile with a sponge prior to setting on

the
ceiling and walls???

no.

Please and thank you.