Frank Dennis

Default Makita heat gun

I'm considering getting a Makita variable temp heat gun, model HG1100.
The local Western Tool has them for $70. Price works for me.
Anyone have any experience with one?

Thanks,

Frank

Stormin Mormon

I can't remember the model, but I do have a big heavy duty heat gun. Run it
on "cool" for several seconds after doing any heat job, to cool down the
heating element. Otherwise it will burn out.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank Dennis" wrote in message
I'm considering getting a Makita variable temp heat gun, model HG1100.
The local Western Tool has them for $70. Price works for me.
Anyone have any experience with one?

Thanks,

Frank

m Ransley

Milwaukee make a quality unit , unchanged for at least 25 yrs, and
probably a better warranty.

BobK207

I've used a Master heat gun (HG501?) for over 20 years & I still have
the brand new replacement element. that I bought with the gun.

If I needed another one I'd Ebay a used one.

cheers
Bob

Ken

Frank Dennis wrote:
I'm considering getting a Makita variable temp heat gun, model

HG1100.
The local Western Tool has them for $70. Price works for me.
Anyone have any experience with one?

Thanks,

Frank

I have one, and for the most part it works well. (I got it to replace
a pice-of-cr*p B&D that basically burnt it self up. But that's another
story.) I use it a lot for stripping paint, and I find I need to set
it near the max heat setting. Also, it has two fan speed settings, and
I always use it on the faster setting. The one complaint I have is
that the on/off switch doesn't slide very easily. I can't just hit the
switch with a finger on the hand that I'm holding it with, it takes two
hands to turn it on/off. That's most annoying when standing on a
ladder two stories off the ground with the heat gun in one hand and a
blisteringly hot scraper in the other hand. I don't know if that is a
basic design problem, or if I just got a bad one.

Ken

An air-soil solar sub-basement heat battery [email protected] Home Repair 10 March 14th 05 11:50 PM
AFUE, HSPF and COP, how do they relate? [email protected] Home Ownership 37 February 23rd 05 04:03 PM
DIY Heat Bank/Thermal Store system? (longish) Gordon Henderson UK diy 4 January 26th 05 07:32 AM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM