Claire

Default Whirlpool Fridge Timer is Noisy

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator. I have had it for 6 years and
has run very quietly in all that time. In the past two weeks I have
noticed a very loud ticking noise coming fom my fridge when motor
starts up and keeps going until the motor shuts off. The fridge is
still cooling and and working in every way but for this very loud
ticking noise which is quite frequent. Is the timer damaged in any way
and should I get it replaced?
Appliance Repair Aid

Claire wrote:
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator. I have had it for 6 years

and
has run very quietly in all that time. In the past two weeks I have
noticed a very loud ticking noise coming fom my fridge when motor
starts up and keeps going until the motor shuts off. The fridge is
still cooling and and working in every way but for this very loud
ticking noise which is quite frequent. Is the timer damaged in any

way
and should I get it replaced?

Hi,

Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator

Model# appears too short and that combination will not come up for me

The only reliable source for the model# is on the model/serial tag.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

If that ticking noise is comming from the defrost timer, for sure it is
time to change the defrost timer.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Problem with Whirlpool washer daler Home Repair 5 February 4th 05 12:37 AM
Intermatic timer question barry martin Home Repair 0 June 25th 04 06:27 PM
Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM
CH timer workaround - is it safe? anon UK diy 8 December 6th 03 12:18 PM