DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool Fridge Timer is Noisy (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/95686-whirlpool-fridge-timer-noisy.html)

Claire March 19th 05 06:28 AM

Whirlpool Fridge Timer is Noisy

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator. I have had it for 6 years and
has run very quietly in all that time. In the past two weeks I have
noticed a very loud ticking noise coming fom my fridge when motor
starts up and keeps going until the motor shuts off. The fridge is
still cooling and and working in every way but for this very loud
ticking noise which is quite frequent. Is the timer damaged in any way
and should I get it replaced?

Appliance Repair Aid March 19th 05 01:43 PM

Claire wrote:
Hi,

I have a Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator. I have had it for 6 years

and
has run very quietly in all that time. In the past two weeks I have
noticed a very loud ticking noise coming fom my fridge when motor
starts up and keeps going until the motor shuts off. The fridge is
still cooling and and working in every way but for this very loud
ticking noise which is quite frequent. Is the timer damaged in any

way
and should I get it replaced?

Hi,

Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator

Model# appears too short and that combination will not come up for me
:(
The only reliable source for the model# is on the model/serial tag.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

If that ticking noise is comming from the defrost timer, for sure it is
time to change the defrost timer.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/