Jim

Default Snow blower drift cutters

Does anyone have drift cutters for their snow blower? Do they work?
They look like steel bars on either side of the blower housing, but I'm
not clear how they keep tall snow from falling over the blower unit.
My blower doesn't seem to have holes for mounting them, but I could add
them if it is a worthwhile option to buy.

I have a Sears Craftsman (Murray) unit that is adequate for my needs,
but once in a while there is some tall snow that is higher than the
front end of the unit.

Harry K

Jim wrote:
Does anyone have drift cutters for their snow blower? Do they work?
They look like steel bars on either side of the blower housing, but

I'm
not clear how they keep tall snow from falling over the blower unit.
My blower doesn't seem to have holes for mounting them, but I could

add
them if it is a worthwhile option to buy.

I have a Sears Craftsman (Murray) unit that is adequate for my

needs,
but once in a while there is some tall snow that is higher than the
front end of the unit.

Yes, I have them. I stole the ones off a single stage I trashed and
put em on my new (used) 2-stage. They work great. Yes, the snow does
fall on the machine but so what...it is built to take it. I have had
enough fall to short out the plug but just clear it away, fire up again
and back to work.

Harry K

Jim Conway

The one's I have need to be loosened/tightened using a wrench each time
you want to use them. I find them to be quite useless when they are up
as the machine's vibration is enough to loosen the nut holding them up,
and constantly causing them to drop. fuhgeddaboudit!

Yes, I have them. I stole the ones off a single stage I trashed and
put em on my new (used) 2-stage. They work great. Yes, the snow does
fall on the machine but so what...it is built to take it. I have had
enough fall to short out the plug but just clear it away, fire up

again
and back to work.

Harry K

Harry K

Jim Conway wrote:
The one's I have need to be loosened/tightened using a wrench each

time
you want to use them. I find them to be quite useless when they are

up
as the machine's vibration is enough to loosen the nut holding them

up,
and constantly causing them to drop. fuhgeddaboudit!

Lock washers or both them and locktight should solve that problem.

Harry K

Snow Blower Maintanence John Sheehy Home Repair 4 February 2nd 05 10:05 PM
best place to buy snow blower in NH. bkhote Home Ownership 3 January 27th 05 05:22 PM
Proper RPMs for Snow Blower Engine? Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 76 January 8th 05 02:00 PM
Help with snow blower J Home Repair 2 January 6th 04 01:50 AM
Generator or snow blower...that is the question Wade Lippman Home Ownership 0 September 8th 03 01:19 AM