Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

bkhote

Default best place to buy snow blower in NH.

I am looking to buy a snow blower in Nashua area and north.
Could you please let me know best place to buy. 2 stage 5 -6 HP
snow blower.
Thanks
BK

krw

In article ,
says...
"krw" wrote in message
.. .
In article . com,
says...
I am looking to buy a snow blower in Nashua area and north.
Could you please let me know best place to buy. 2 stage 5 -6 HP
snow blower.

I wonder why... ;-)

I live 150NW of Nashua and the Home Despot here has a *pile* of 'em.
They're upwards of 25% off with a free $60 cab thrown in the deal. I
bought an 8HP electric-start unit Saturday (my old one died last
Thursday) for $572 with no interest for a year (I'll use their money
for nothing). We only got 1.5" of the big storm, but I was prepared!
;-)

--
Keith

Keith, are you saying the HD in Nashua has those deals, or are you way up
north?

Way up North(west). ;-) They had a *pile* of 'em though and they were
discounting heavily. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved inventory
down to the real snow country if they're sold-out down there. Perhaps
you can get your local HD to "order" one from up here and have it
delivered to the local store? Dunno.

I have an older Ariens (35+ yrs), and I am ready to replace. 25% off
is worth looking into...

The HD had a pile of Ariens too. I didn't think they're worth the
difference ($1000-$1100 vs. $600) since I don't plan on being around
here *that* much longer.

bhkote, someone told me that many of them (Ariens, Craftsman, MTD) are made
by the same company now, using the same Tecumseh Snow King motors. Sam's
Club had a 10HP, 29" MTD for about $800. Probably similar at BJ's and
Costco.

I don't know who made the one I bought (Yard Machines, or some such),
but AIUI, there are only a couple of manufacturers left. My 11yo
Crapsman died last Thursday, so I replaced it with a similar hunk-o-
junk. I'm certainly not going to be around in snow country another 33
years. ;-)

They had 10.5HP units for $750ish and 5HP ones, similar to the Crapsman
I had, for $425ish. I decided to split the difference (that one looks
tooo big, and that one to small, but *that* one is juuust riiight).

--
Keith