Harry Everhart

Default Re-Painting Wood House with Latex Stain

I just moved to Florida form Pennsylvania and bought a frame home with
T-111 siding. It is about 20 years old and is painted with gray latex
stain.

Since I am retired - I have the time. I thought I would paint the house
the same color. I have a power washer and a Sears compressor with a
paint gun.

I have painted a car with my compressor - but never a house.

Would you guys like to help me with a list of prep items to do - and
tips on painting the house?

Harry
Ross Mac

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I just moved to Florida form Pennsylvania and bought a frame home with
T-111 siding. It is about 20 years old and is painted with gray latex
stain.

Since I am retired - I have the time. I thought I would paint the house
the same color. I have a power washer and a Sears compressor with a
paint gun.

I have painted a car with my compressor - but never a house.

Would you guys like to help me with a list of prep items to do - and
tips on painting the house?

Harry

I would rent a pressure washer and clean it up real good...then paint
it.....not much to it. In Florida you might have problems with termites,
mold or dry rot so inspect all the surfaces closely and make any necesary
repairs. I also live in Florida but used to live in the redwoods of
California and also had T-111 siding on a garage. Nothing but problems with
fungus and water wicking up into it. In any event....good luck on your
project....Ross

Harry Everhart

I would rent a pressure washer and clean it up real good...then paint
it.....not much to it. In Florida you might have problems with termites,
mold or dry rot so inspect all the surfaces closely and make any necesary
repairs. I also live in Florida but used to live in the redwoods of
California and also had T-111 siding on a garage. Nothing but problems with
fungus and water wicking up into it. In any event....good luck on your
project....Ross

Thanks Ross -

I have a pressure washer of my own.

I also intend to seal the bottom of the T-111. You are right about water
wicking up into it.

Can you spray latex stain with a normal paint gun? I have a Sears
compressor.

Harry
Ross Mac

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I would rent a pressure washer and clean it up real good...then paint
it.....not much to it. In Florida you might have problems with termites,
mold or dry rot so inspect all the surfaces closely and make any necesary
repairs. I also live in Florida but used to live in the redwoods of
California and also had T-111 siding on a garage. Nothing but problems
with
fungus and water wicking up into it. In any event....good luck on your
project....Ross

Thanks Ross -

I have a pressure washer of my own.

I also intend to seal the bottom of the T-111. You are right about water
wicking up into it.

Can you spray latex stain with a normal paint gun? I have a Sears
compressor.

Harry

Not sure exactly what product you are attempting to spray but if you ask
them at the counter at your local paint supply store/Home Depot/Lowes they
should be able to help you out....ONce again...good luck and enjoy
retirement...I know I am!....Ross