Jim B

Default Where To Buy Cheapest Whirlpool Frig Filter?

Thanks?

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Least expensive you mean or a cheap filter that doesn't do much??

Refrigerator model#, part# of the filter??

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jmagerl" wrote in message
They are $22 at Menards. SHoulda bought one last Saturday with the 17% off
sale. Darn...you had to remind me....

At that price I'd bypass it and use an inline filter from one of the popular
brands at any home store. I have a GE that was a lot less than that.

Jim B

On 20 Feb 2005 19:50:12 -0800, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

Oops.... I mean the least expensive Whirlpool's filter (new P/N) either, 4396508
or 4396510. I have checked the net they are somewhere $2 to $5 cheaper than
Lowes and if you add S&H, I might as well buy it at Lowes.

Thanks for the informations.

Hi,

Least expensive you mean or a cheap filter that doesn't do much??

Refrigerator model#, part# of the filter??

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jim B

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:05:59 -0600, "Jmagerl" wrote:

They are $22 at Menards. SHoulda bought one last Saturday with the 17% off
sale. Darn...you had to remind me....

I wish we have Menards here.

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi,

Least expensive you mean or a cheap filter that doesn't do much??

Refrigerator model#, part# of the filter??

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jim B" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 04:28:45 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

How do you bypass a Sears (Whirpool) frig with an insert filter 4396508 or
4396510?

Thanks

I can't say without seeing it. Will it operate if you leave the filter out?
Can you just add a section of tubing in place of the filter with two
compression fitting couplers?

meirman

In alt.home.repair on 20 Feb 2005 19:50:12 -0800 "Appliance Repair
Aid" posted:

Hi,

Least expensive you mean or a cheap filter that doesn't do much??

Refrigerator model#, part# of the filter??

They have filters!?

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
Edwin Pawlowski

"meirman" wrote in message

They have filters!?

Many new refrigerators have filters in the water supply for ice and drinking
water dispensers. On the surface it seems like a good idea. In reality, it
is a way of extracting a lot of money from you when it can be done much
cheaper. As you saw, the filters are in the $17 to $22 range. Simple
in-line filters are about $6. If you have a good water supply, you don't
need one.

Jim B

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:03:28 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

The filter cost between $29.99 and $36.99 plus tax. They need to be replacing
every six months or whenever the red light goes "on" in the frig.

When you mentioned in-line filters, I got all excited. You could install an
in-line filter between the frig and the water supply copper tubing. How to
remove all the craps inside the filter cartridge so water can pass through
without restriction?

wrote:

How do you bypass a Sears (Whirpool) frig with an insert filter

4396508 or
4396510?

Thanks

I can't say without seeing it. Will it operate if you leave the

filter out?

No. At least mine won't. The receptacle for the filter automatically
shuts off the water supply, so it won't leak during filter replacement.
You'd need to take an old cartridge and get rid of the carbon guts to
have an upstream filter as the only filter, or get under the fridge to
replumb around the built-in filter hookup.

Or maybe mine's not a Whirlpool fridge, in which case your valvage may
vary.

%mod%

Bob Bowles

Our fridge with built-in filter is almost 5 years old and the red
light hasn't been lit. We have an in-line filter that was due to be
changed for about $10.00US about 18 months ago and we use a softener
but have no problems. The in-line is disposable.

Jmagerl wrote:
My refridgerator works quite well without the filter. just take the

end cap
off the old filter, put it back in place without the filter, and all

is
well.

I'm glad yours does, maybe the OP's does as well. Mine doesn't, that's
for sure.

%mod%

I work for fridgefilters.com...

we have the 4396508 in-stock, with quantity pricing.

if your fridge does not have a built-in water filter:

If you do have a quarter-inch outside-diameter water line going to the
refrigerator, perhaps you may want to switch to a newer improved filter
from GE that removes:

99.99 % of Cysts
99% of Particulates (Class I)
99% of Turbidity
99% of Lead
97% of Chlorine
76% of Atrazine (a herbicide)
99% of Lindane (a pesticide)
Does Not Remove Fluoride

Check out the easy installation pictures I took when I installed mine.
This is an external filter that works with all brands of refrigerators,
so long as the refrigerator has an existing quarter-inch (outside
diameter) water line going to the refrigerator. This kit ensures you
get filtered water for making ice cubes and for dispensing water, if so
equipped. Your filtered drinking water will be cleaner than any
bottled water.

Free shipping on all orders over $50. In-stock for next business-day
shipment!

The replacement cartridge for this filter kit (which you will need 6
months later) will make your order over $50, and you get free shipping
within the US and Puerto Rico!
Links:
http://www.fridgefilters.com/fridinrefwat.html
http://www.fridgefilters.com/gxrlq-install.html