Robert11

Default To Turtle: "New Bondo" Info. ?

Hi Turtle:

Much thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Really appreciate it.

" I will call a friend of mione who does Body work which
told me about this stuff and get the details. I will post it this
evening"

Were you able to dig up anything new on "the new Bondo" from your friend yet
?

Thanks,
Bob
---------------------------------

This is Turtle.

There is a new type Bondo that came out about 5 years ago for cars and
really
anything from rubber to metal that will let the paint grab it because it's
eching ability to hold paint. Any Paint and Body shop people can give you
the
details of this stuff or I will call a friend of mione who does Body work
which
told me about this stuff and get the details. I will post it this evening.
There
is just about only 3 kinds and one is the old Bondo , New Bondo with red
Epoxie
hardener, and the stuff for fiber glass with Epoxie hardener. This new Bondo
is
the best and will stay there for ever.

TURTLE

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi Turtle:

Much thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Really appreciate it.

" I will call a friend of mione who does Body work which
told me about this stuff and get the details. I will post it this
evening"

Were you able to dig up anything new on "the new Bondo" from your friend yet ?

Thanks,
Bob

This is Turtle.

I talk to my body man and he said this go to any auto body shop supply house and
ask for Epoxie Base Bondo. There is 2 kinds they use and it's the [ old type /
nothing ] and the Epoxie Base Bondo. You get the can of the base bondo and a
tube of Red / Green / White colored Epoxie Hardener to mix with it to make the
epoxie mix. He said there is no respectiable auto body man that will use the old
type.

He said it is just like there was no bondo there when you hit it with a hammer.
He buys it in a 30 pound can and the can was painted over to not see the name
but the supply fellow in coming this week and he will get the brand name for me.
He called them twice and got the brain dead counter fellow and he did even know
what his name was. this fellow told my friend if you give me a number i'll tell
you what the brand is. Brain Dead !

TURTLE

Richard J Kinch

TURTLE writes:

He said there is no respectiable auto body man that will use the old
type.

I don't know about your "old" versus "new". Both what you call "new"
(epoxy/glass) and 'old" (styrene/ground rock) have been around a long time.

See:

http://www.bondo-online.com/

The truly *old* body filler is lead (Pb), wiped on and built up with a
blowtorch. Not a new-fangled propane torch, but a blowtorch, a can of
gasoline that you literally exhaled into.
Robert11

Hi,

Much thanks; really appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,
Bob
----------------------

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Duane Bozarth

Robert11 wrote:

....asking about "new" Bondo...

Don't know what you're intended use is...there are a large number of
variations depending on what the application is. After experimenting
for repair on the barn w/ several, I would recommend one w/o the
fiberglass for wood filling...it seemed much easier to work for that
application. Also, be prepared...set up time is short. You'll have to
be ready to use all you mix in just a few minutes.

TURTLE

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Robert11 wrote:

...asking about "new" Bondo...

Don't know what you're intended use is...there are a large number of
variations depending on what the application is. After experimenting
for repair on the barn w/ several, I would recommend one w/o the
fiberglass for wood filling...it seemed much easier to work for that
application. Also, be prepared...set up time is short. You'll have to
be ready to use all you mix in just a few minutes.

This is Turtle.

Yea, That new Epoxie bondo is ready to sand in about 15 minutes.

TURTLE