Tony Pacc

Default tighting chain on bike?

I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

Ron

loosen the rear wheel and pull back on it. That should put more tension on
the chain. If not get at link remover and take out a link.
Ron
"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

Joseph Meehan

Tony Pacc wrote:
I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

I was going to suggest you check the owner's manual until I checked it
on line and found this useless information:

 Adjusting the drive chain or belt tension
The drive chain and belt tension on your Airdyne bike have been
factory adjusted. They should not require any immediate attention.
If they need further adjustment at any point in time, contact your
authorized Schwinn dealer.

Clearly they are not interested in helping you keep you Airdyne in good
condition without buying their service. Sorry I could not be of any help.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Joseph Meehan

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

It is an air resistance stationary exercise bike.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:24:53 -0600, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

http://www.gympart.com/schematics/sc...edal_drive.pdf

Tony Pacc

Thanks alot guys,very helpful
"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

Phisherman

wrote:

I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

The rear axle fits into a slot on the frame. Loosen the nuts, jamb a
hammer handle between the tire and center frame post, tighten the
nuts.
Joseph Meehan

wrote:

I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the
wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw
,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

The rear axle fits into a slot on the frame. Loosen the nuts, jamb a
hammer handle between the tire and center frame post, tighten the
nuts.

No "rear" axel on an exercise bike. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan