Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alan

Default how to remove cement / adhesive from ceramic tile before re-attaching it to floor

I had to lift up two loose tiles on a bathroom floor. The tiles were
installed about 3 years ago by a professional over a new plywood subfloor
with a gray colored adhesive - or cement. I was able to remove the tiles
easily without damage and need to reattach after drying the wood floor -
some water got underthe tile. I have some extra tile but would not rather
bother to rent a tile cutter etc unless really needed so I thought I could
chip or scrape carefully to get some off. The tiles only have about one
third of the surface wiht the cement.

Is there chemical that would help (phosphoric acid tile cleaner?) or do I
just need to scrape? Do I need to get most of it off or just enough to be
able to re cement it down and not have a high tile.

thanks

alan

Having trouble removing old ceramic tile [email protected] Home Ownership 2 January 3rd 05 04:54 PM
Ceramic floor tile Q? JJ Home Repair 1 December 15th 04 06:06 PM
uneven slightly damp sandstone slab floor - levelling compound/tiles/carpet? tez UK diy 12 November 3rd 04 10:57 AM
Preparing a concrete floor for ceramic tiles. Will UK diy 11 October 28th 04 11:19 AM
How thick can floor tile adhesive be? Jon Weaver UK diy 9 September 20th 03 06:56 AM