pray4surf

"Alan" wrote in message
: I had to lift up two loose tiles on a bathroom floor. The tiles were
: installed about 3 years ago by a professional over a new plywood subfloor
: with a gray colored adhesive - or cement. I was able to remove the tiles
: easily without damage and need to reattach after drying the wood floor -
: some water got underthe tile. I have some extra tile but would not
rather
: bother to rent a tile cutter etc unless really needed so I thought I could
: chip or scrape carefully to get some off. The tiles only have about one
: third of the surface wiht the cement.
:
: Is there chemical that would help (phosphoric acid tile cleaner?) or do I
: just need to scrape? Do I need to get most of it off or just enough to be
: able to re cement it down and not have a high tile.
:
: thanks
:
: alan
:
:

At the risk of being flamed...

I'm currently installing tile and using a thin plywood for spacing. I'm have
decent luck sanding the plywood spacers for re-use as I progress. I don't
think that you are going to have any luck 'chipping' the dry material off.
Likely you'll break the tile..

Unless others have a better suggestion...

Rick