Posted to alt.home.repair
pszwayka pszwayka is offline

Default how to remove cement / adhesive from ceramic tile before re-attaching it to floor

pszwayka had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...e-re-1629-.htm
:
what answer did allen get i have the same problem?

-------------------------------------
Alan wrote:

I had to lift up two loose tiles on a bathroom floor. The tiles were
installed about 3 years ago by a professional over a new plywood
subfloor
with a gray colored adhesive - or cement. I was able to remove the
tiles
easily without damage and need to reattach after drying the wood floor
-
some water got underthe tile. I have some extra tile but would not
rather
bother to rent a tile cutter etc unless really needed so I thought I
could
chip or scrape carefully to get some off. The tiles only have about
one
third of the surface wiht the cement.

Is there chemical that would help (phosphoric acid tile cleaner?) or do
just need to scrape? Do I need to get most of it off or just enough to
be
able to re cement it down and not have a high tile.

thanks

alan