uasb

Default Patching popcorn ceilings.

Hi, I just found this forum and hope you can help me.
I had to go up into the atic and my foot slipped and I punched a hole
in the popcorn ceiling. I am generally fairly good with my hands and
would like to repair this myself. Can someone advise me how to do the
popcorn finish after I have installed the board.
Thanks in advance.

--
uasb
uasb's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=49

Dick

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:45:08 -0600, uasb
wrote:

Hi, I just found this forum and hope you can help me.
I had to go up into the atic and my foot slipped and I punched a hole
in the popcorn ceiling. I am generally fairly good with my hands and
would like to repair this myself. Can someone advise me how to do the
popcorn finish after I have installed the board.
Thanks in advance.

A word of caution. Your popcorn ceiling may contain asbestos. Do a
Google search on Popcorn Ceiling and you will find all the information
you need.
Art

I used a similar tube product for popcorn patching and it worked well.
Bought it at Lowes or Home Depot. Small tube with applicator.

"John?] "
wrote in message
. net...
In article , uasb
wrote:

Hi, I just found this forum and hope you can help me.
I had to go up into the atic and my foot slipped and I punched a hole
in the popcorn ceiling. I am generally fairly good with my hands and
would like to repair this myself. Can someone advise me how to do the
popcorn finish after I have installed the board.
Thanks in advance.

There are some spray products available, but all I have managed to do
with them is make a mess. I have used a product called Bondex Popcorn
Ceiling Patch for years and it does a great job. It comes in a one
quart tub and you dab it on with a paint brush, or you can apply it
with a wide drywall knife and then dab it. The thing I like about it
is that cleans up with water and you can rearrange the particulate to
approximately match the density of the original. For finish, look for
Kilz Upshot. It comes in a spray can with a vertical nozzle and is
designed to match the slightly dingy white color that ceilings get over
time.

John

uasb

Thanks for your replies. I will be going to Lows this weekend anyway so
I try to get it .
Once again
Thanks