Default Wanted new storm door that blocks UV

I would like to purchase a new full view storm door that will block
some of the sun light and help keep my front door cooler. I am looking
for brand recommendations I live in MN.

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to purchase a new full view storm door that will block
some of the sun light and help keep my front door cooler. I am looking
for brand recommendations I live in MN.

Thanks

Brand does not matter, it is the glass. Have the glass replaced at a good
shop with some sort of coated glass.

m Ransley

Look around LowE coatings reduce UV you may even find a rating
included and that UV reduction is normal in better doors

m Ransley

There are SHG solar-heat-gain ratings for windows, perhaps this would
be the rating of most value to you. Contact companies and research what
they offer and recomend.

JerseyMike

"New & Improved - N/F John" wrote in message
I think you need to look for Low-E glass. This usually accompanies

Energy
Star certification when it comes to windows.

i don't think you can have a Low-E lite on a single glazed installation, the
coating is primarily made for insulated units. you can however get the
glass in a bronze tint or a grey tint or buy the clear and have a
professional install scratch resistant film similar to what is used in
autos. this is done quite frequently in many homes and businesses and is
very effictive and *if* the lite in the door is ever broken, it will help
reduce the mess(by acting as a huge bandaid) the tempered glass will make
when it falls out.

Storm window as main shed window? Dave K. Home Repair 3 July 25th 18 10:44 PM
Sony KV35S65 Main tuner dead (electrical storm?) Art Electronics Repair 0 July 17th 04 04:54 PM
Wood for Childrens Blocks Wyatt Wright Woodworking 15 April 7th 04 05:15 AM
henly blocks with seals Mark UK diy 15 January 21st 04 08:58 AM
Yamaha receiver / Proscan TV problem after lighting storm *** Foo Man Choo SE Electronics Repair 9 July 22nd 03 02:58 AM