Jeff Guay

Default Where to put Exit signs?

Hi,
Is there a site that shows the requirements for placing exit signs? I have
a single family house that we rent to an orginization that is requiring me
to install exit signs. I need one downstairs to point to the handicap
accessible door/ramp and one upstairs pointing to the stairs since the only
exit is downstairs.
Thanks,
Jeff

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
Hi,
Is there a site that shows the requirements for placing exit signs? I
have
a single family house that we rent to an orginization that is requiring me
to install exit signs. I need one downstairs to point to the handicap
accessible door/ramp and one upstairs pointing to the stairs since the
only
exit is downstairs.
Thanks,
Jeff

It is all covered in the Federal Regulations (OSHA). Sign sizes,
illumination, etc. Common sense makes it easy to comply though. Above each
door should be marked, any aisles that are not obvious should have an arrow
pointing to the exit also.

It would also be prudent to mark places where there is no exit, such as a
door leading to a basement with no means of egress. Or any room larger than
a closet than could be mistaken as a way out of the building.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Norminn

Jeff Guay wrote:
Hi,
Is there a site that shows the requirements for placing exit signs? I have
a single family house that we rent to an orginization that is requiring me
to install exit signs. I need one downstairs to point to the handicap
accessible door/ramp and one upstairs pointing to the stairs since the only
exit is downstairs.
Thanks,
Jeff

Best place to look is your municipality's website or call code
enforcement. Fire dept probably would help, also.

Gary Stone

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
Hi,
Is there a site that shows the requirements for placing exit signs? I
have
a single family house that we rent to an orginization that is requiring me
to install exit signs. I need one downstairs to point to the handicap
accessible door/ramp and one upstairs pointing to the stairs since the
only
exit is downstairs.
Thanks,
Jeff

See if this helps
http://trace.wisc.edu/docs/complianc...omp1.html#4.30
Being handicapped, I was at one time an ADA inspector. However, that was
awhile ago and things change.

Stone