C.R.

Default Guys! Who has experienced this at home? :-)

This is what my wife calls a great home improvement catalog as well:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/improvement.htm

Matt

She's hot!

William W. Plummer

C.R. wrote:

This is what my wife calls a great home improvement catalog as well:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/improvement.htm

This site wants you to install a plug-in. BE CAREFUL!
Mikey S.

It does if you don't already have it, but it's only Apple's QuickTime
viewer, which is from a reputable source ( Apple computers) and not anything
that will hurt your computer, unlike some other oddball junkware that a
person might load inadvertently. Caution is good though, never install
anything unless you know and trust the source.
The clip is pretty funny though

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message
C.R. wrote:

This is what my wife calls a great home improvement catalog as well:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/improvement.htm

This site wants you to install a plug-in. BE CAREFUL!

TURTLE

"C.R." wrote in message
This is what my wife calls a great home improvement catalog as well:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/improvement.htm

This is Turtle.

That was a good one and funny as hell.

TURTLE

Stormin Mormon

I'm a bachelor, but it was pretty good.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"C.R." wrote in message
This is what my wife calls a great home improvement catalog as well:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/improvement.htm

MUADIB®

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:06:15 -0500, "Mikey S." wrote:

It does if you don't already have it, but it's only Apple's QuickTime
viewer, which is from a reputable source ( Apple computers) and not anything
that will hurt your computer, unlike some other oddball junkware that a
person might load inadvertently. Caution is good though, never install
anything unless you know and trust the source.
The clip is pretty funny though

Yep, A Funny clip. The not so funny part is, (using XP pro) when a
Quicktime *anything* plays on my computer, the next time I start my
computer, Quick time loads up. There's a line called qttask that is
turned on in my startup that is turned on every time Qicktime is use
to see anything. Is there a way to do away with qttask or Am I stuck
with it? I have looked all over the place and hit every "help" button
and read more than I care to about such an item, never to be satisfied
with a cure. I want nothing to run unless I "ask it to". especially on
startup.

I know this is not the right place to ask, but this thread relates to
my issue, only in the fact that Quicktime has been mentioned.

Any takers on how I can Improve my home by ridding myself of this
nuisance?

I'd love a alternative newsgroup to ask also. I am not sure which
one/ones to go to to figure this one out. I am willing but typically
don't spend a lot of time asking questions on computer issues, as I
can generally fgure out how to make things work the way I want. This
one is annoying and has been an issue since I started using XP pro
only.

Thanks for any direction/help

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Doug Miller

You might try looking at www.annoyances org to see if there's an answer there.

--
Regards,

Greg

Is there a way to do away with qttask or Am I stuck
with it?

Start regedit and go to
Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\curr entversion\run. The trouser
snakes hide it there.

Stormin Mormon

Yeah, not the right forum. But.... on windows 95, you'd open windows
explorer, and use click and drag. The start up programs would be in
programs, startup folder.

98 Second Edition (which I'm using) you can click start, then run. Type in "
msconfig " without the quotes. Click OK, and it opens a new window. Click
the option box for slective startup. Click the selective startup tab (think
it's the t hird one) Uncheck anything you don't want to start auto.

Reboot.

Not sure if that's useful for your version of Windows.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"MUADIB®" wrote in message
news On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:06:15 -0500, "Mikey S." wrote:

[...]

MUADIB®

Thanks guys for the help. I did the link given, and ,.. well, No joy.
I tried going through the registry editor several times
before..........So With that line of locating stuff given, I went back
thinking I had a cure!...............no joy. There's nothing in either
of the run files in local machine, current user either. Thanks though.

The Win98 cure is basically what I've been doing in XP pro, just
opening the msconfig box and disabling all..........seemingly
everytime I started the computer. I did figure out not to run anything
that used the quicktime program if at all possible. that cut down on
the aoto run feature it kept insisting I load each startup.

I went to the Quicktime Site to find a cure and found an updated
version of the quicktime program. So I instalelled it. Since then, no
more qttask.exe occurs. Just in case this helps someone that was
lurking and curious, this worked on my machine.

thanks for the replies guys,............mighty nice of ya to give it a
try.