Fire&Ice

Default appliance paint

I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I may be
able to find paint for this project? I have searched the 2 home improvement
stores in the area -online too- and the only thing they have is white touch
up paint for appliances and the employees gave me a look like I was from
outer space when I asked about it. Has anyone ever done this before and if
so, any tips you can give me?

Thanks

--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~

William Deans

Greetings,

How about an epoxy based paint from a paint store tinted whatever colour you
choose / bring a sample of?

Hope this helps,
William

"Fire&Ice" wrote in message
news
I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I may be
able to find paint for this project? I have searched the 2 home

improvement
stores in the area -online too- and the only thing they have is white

touch
up paint for appliances and the employees gave me a look like I was from
outer space when I asked about it. Has anyone ever done this before and

if
so, any tips you can give me?

Thanks

--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~

effi

"Fire&Ice" wrote in message
news
I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I may be
able to find paint for this project? I have searched the 2 home
improvement
stores in the area -online too- and the only thing they have is white
touch
up paint for appliances and the employees gave me a look like I was from
outer space when I asked about it. Has anyone ever done this before and
if
so, any tips you can give me?

Thanks

--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~

this site implies paints other than appliance paints can be used to repaint
refrigerators
http://www.helloyarn.com/repainting_a_fridge.htm
don't know about any resultant health issues though

maybe you can mix your own brown appliance paint from other colors; if you
don't have a spray gun and compressor available to apply it, loof for small
one-use spray painters at auto supply sotres, etc. (glass jars with a screw
on compressed air sprayer, equal to about one can of spray paint once you
add the paint into it)

it may take 3 or more coats to get a good even color

steel wool and vinegar can remove surface rust or other imperfections

m Ransley

Any good quality oil base, such as Ben Moore Impervo or spray product
will work. Important it prep, cleaning and sanding and paint it when it
is warm. Degreasing and areas around the handles is most important as
any grease will be the real problems . You do not need special paint.
Epoxy in spray may be best. Key is prep.

Joseph Meehan

If you want a really good job, I suggest having one the professionals
come in who specialize in doing in place appliance and office equipment
painting. There are several systems that they use that allow for a better
job and a much cleaner job that you are likely to be able to do yourself.
The equipment they use is usually an electo-static system that assures that
almost all the paint ends up where it belongs.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
"Fire&Ice" wrote in message
news
I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I may be
able to find paint for this project? I have searched the 2 home
improvement
stores in the area -online too- and the only thing they have is white
touch
up paint for appliances and the employees gave me a look like I was from
outer space when I asked about it. Has anyone ever done this before and
if
so, any tips you can give me?

Thanks

--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~

Appliance Repair Aid

Fire&Ice wrote:
I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I

may be
able to find paint for this project? I have searched the 2 home

improvement
stores in the area -online too- and the only thing they have is white

touch
up paint for appliances and the employees gave me a look like I was

from
outer space when I asked about it. Has anyone ever done this before

and if
so, any tips you can give me?

Thanks

--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates

that)~

Hi,

I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I

may be
able to find paint for this project?

Shows available, but back ordered....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=351558
Coffee acrylic-9 oz
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=351560
Touch-up paint-coffee

Has anyone ever done this before and if
so, any tips you can give me?

Cleaning and prep work is most important.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Matt

I agree. I had my old fridge painted electrostatically.... it looks
like it just rolled off the factory floor.

Total cost: $95.
Professional results.
More than reasonable cost.

I'd outsource it.

Fire&Ice

Thanks for all the responses and ideas. Now if we can just get some warm,
dry weather I can get to work on it.

F&I

--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Question about latex paint which is solidifying in the can Peter Palma Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 01:59 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM