Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
goatlip

Default Veneer Plaster over drywall, paint and brick

Hi, I've been reading through a lot of websites on veneer plaster
trying to decide if we should refinish the drywall under the paneling
in our house or replace it with blueboard. because of cost we are
looking at applying Plaster-Weld from Larsen products over the
drywall/paint/brick and then applying the Ivory product veneer plaster.
(both reccomended from a local supply store.)

I've contacted some of the local plaster professionals and they do this
commonly. I've also heard of this method being used a lot in the
northeast.

I wanted to know of other's experience with doing this over regular
drywall, painted drywall and brick and find out what works the best,
things to watch out for and any other recomended product that I could
look in to.

Thanks!

Plaster or render? Christian McArdle UK diy 1 October 22nd 04 02:44 PM
Cleaning paint off brick Nat UK diy 1 June 7th 04 02:08 PM
Old Brick Wall to Paint White [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 4th 03 03:18 AM
non-slip paint for external brick steps ANt UK diy 3 November 20th 03 04:02 AM
painting exterior brick? someone please talk me out of it! ameijers Home Ownership 3 July 24th 03 07:44 PM