Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob

Default Hate such builders

I have the new home about to close (in about a week or two). Today I did
measurements of the house. To my surprise the overall depth on the side with
the garage is one foot short. It turns out the builder made the garage depth
one foot less than the plan/spec (23' depth x 22' width but now it is
22x22). I have the furnace, water heater and a chest freezer along the
inside. My extended size vehicle will still fit but very tightly. During the
planning/contracting I specifically told him I want 23x22 because of my
extended car and it is marked on the floor plan drawing. WTF he wanted make
it 1' less!!! How much he would save on the cost by cutting that 1'!!! But I
guess I don't have much to do with it, house is nearly completed. I kept
watching the jobsite from time to time but it still screwed me over.