TURTLE

"Bob" wrote in message ...
I have the new home about to close (in about a week or two). Today I did
measurements of the house. To my surprise the overall depth on the side with
the garage is one foot short. It turns out the builder made the garage depth
one foot less than the plan/spec (23' depth x 22' width but now it is 22x22). I
have the furnace, water heater and a chest freezer along the inside. My
extended size vehicle will still fit but very tightly. During the
planning/contracting I specifically told him I want 23x22 because of my
extended car and it is marked on the floor plan drawing. WTF he wanted make it
1' less!!! How much he would save on the cost by cutting that 1'!!! But I guess
I don't have much to do with it, house is nearly completed. I kept watching the
jobsite from time to time but it still screwed me over.

This is Turtle.

Most all contractor bid jobs by the amount of square feet of the house. You take
the 1 foot wide area by the 22 feet long and you get the house being shorted by
22 sq. ft. . If the contractor bid the house at say $60.00 a square foot. Deduct
22 X $60.00 = $1,320.00 . You can get the valve of the shortage by deviding the
price of the bid by the sq. ft. of the house and get the square feet verses the
cost of the square feet. Like 2000 sq. ft. house and cost $100K will give you
$50.00 a Square foot. $50.00 X 22 feet = $1,100.00 .

Your house is 22 sq. ft. smaller than it should have been.

TURTLE