curmudgeon

Do you believe heated sq. ft are estimated the same as unheated?!
This is a garage.

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message ...
I have the new home about to close (in about a week or two). Today I did
measurements of the house. To my surprise the overall depth on the side
with the garage is one foot short. It turns out the builder made the
garage depth one foot less than the plan/spec (23' depth x 22' width but
now it is 22x22). I have the furnace, water heater and a chest freezer
along the inside. My extended size vehicle will still fit but very
tightly. During the planning/contracting I specifically told him I want
23x22 because of my extended car and it is marked on the floor plan
drawing. WTF he wanted make it 1' less!!! How much he would save on the
cost by cutting that 1'!!! But I guess I don't have much to do with it,
house is nearly completed. I kept watching the jobsite from time to time
but it still screwed me over.

This is Turtle.

Most all contractor bid jobs by the amount of square feet of the house.
You take the 1 foot wide area by the 22 feet long and you get the house
being shorted by 22 sq. ft. . If the contractor bid the house at say
$60.00 a square foot. Deduct 22 X $60.00 = $1,320.00 . You can get the
valve of the shortage by deviding the price of the bid by the sq. ft. of
the house and get the square feet verses the cost of the square feet. Like
2000 sq. ft. house and cost $100K will give you $50.00 a Square foot.
$50.00 X 22 feet = $1,100.00 .

Your house is 22 sq. ft. smaller than it should have been.

TURTLE