John Doe

Default Brinkmann/Academy flashlight scam?

Academy Sports and Outdoors is only in certain United States, and
might be the only local (non-Internet) outlet for this flashlight.

Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon rechargeable flashlight

http://tinyurl.com/3lr3f
http://tinyurl.com/4safc

Academy sells it for $27 USD. Online you can buy it for about $40,
assuming it is really in stock online.

That is a light weight, very bright flashlight/spotlight. It looks
great if you need a light weight rechargeable, extremely bright
flashlight.

Oddly enough, apparently Brinkmann is selling that flashlight
without making the replacement xenon bulbs. Seems they're just
trying to dump the stock.

I have e-mailed Brinkmann Corporation four times over the course of
one week. The only (apparently robotic) reply has been a link to
their web site. There is no mention of that flashlight on
Brinkmann's web site, let alone replacement bulbs for it. I have
e-mailed Academy Sports and Outdoors also. Also no reply.

I would very much appreciate anyone finding replacement bulbs or
getting a reply from the Brinkmann Corporation that tells where to
find them.

http://thebrinkmanncorp.com/company_contact.asp

I really like the Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon rechargeable
spotlight, I very much want to keep it, but of course I will have to
return it if there are no replacement bulbs available.

So far, the best suggestion has been to use some equivalent light
bulb. But, the bulbs are LED style with specific gauge leads and
have to fit correctly in the reflector or the light isn't going to
shine properly. It's not like an ordinary flashlight bulb.

--
what's the difference between "white light" and LED light? White
light means you can see things with it.

effi

"John Doe" wrote in message
Academy Sports and Outdoors is only in certain United States, and
might be the only local (non-Internet) outlet for this flashlight.

Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon rechargeable flashlight

http://tinyurl.com/3lr3f
http://tinyurl.com/4safc

Academy sells it for $27 USD. Online you can buy it for about $40,
assuming it is really in stock online.

That is a light weight, very bright flashlight/spotlight. It looks
great if you need a light weight rechargeable, extremely bright
flashlight.

Oddly enough, apparently Brinkmann is selling that flashlight
without making the replacement xenon bulbs. Seems they're just
trying to dump the stock.

I have e-mailed Brinkmann Corporation four times over the course of
one week. The only (apparently robotic) reply has been a link to
their web site.

why don't you try calling them at the phone number shown at the top of the
page the link you posted above goes to?

[...]

effi

"John Doe" wrote in message
..(.
all snipped but)
what's the difference between "white light" and LED light? White
light means you can see things with it.

p.s. led light effects night vision less than "white light"

effi

"effi" wrote in message

why don't you try calling them at the phone number shown at the top of the
page the link you posted above

strike "above", insert "below"

goes to?

(snip to link)

http://thebrinkmanncorp.com/company_contact.asp

(snip rest of text)

enjoy!

John Doe

"effi" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
..( .
all snipped but)
what's the difference between "white light" and LED light? White
light means you can see things with it.

p.s. led light effects night vision less than "white light"

Because there isn't much difference when it's off.

From: "effi"
From: "effi" effi @ev1.net
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Brinkmann/Academy flashlight scam?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:11:02 -0600

effi

"John Doe" wrote in message
"effi" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
.. (.
all snipped but)
what's the difference between "white light" and LED light? White
light means you can see things with it.

p.s. led light effects night vision less than "white light"

Because there isn't much difference when it's off.

"white light" flashlights are obsolete
http://www.wavehunter.com/lightten.htm

John Doe

"effi" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
. ..
"effi" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
..(.
all snipped but)
what's the difference between "white light" and LED light? White
light means you can see things with it.

p.s. led light effects night vision less than "white light"

Because there isn't much difference when it's off.

"white light" flashlights are obsolete

And the cow jumped over the moon.

http://www.wavehunter.com/lightten.htm

From: "effi"
From: "effi" effi @ev1.net
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:37:17 -0600

effi

"John Doe" wrote in message
"effi" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
.. .
"effi" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in message
..(.
all snipped but)
what's the difference between "white light" and LED light? White
light means you can see things with it.

p.s. led light effects night vision less than "white light"

Because there isn't much difference when it's off.

"white light" flashlights are obsolete

And the cow jumped over the moon.

moo

plus, with a led flashlight, one never has to worry about getting
replacement bulbs (moo moo)

as to "white light" flashlights,
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...lete&x=15&y=12
obsolete
1 a : no longer in use or no longer useful b : of a kind or style no longer
current : OLD-FASHIONED

http://www.wavehunter.com/lightten.htm
"The 10 Led Flashlight has a solid-state Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) that
do not burn out. Typical lifetime is over 11 years. The 10 LED design allow
the batteries to last 30 days constant On positon. The 10 Led Flashlight is
also Waterproof- not just water resistant (to 2 feet - not for scuba
diving). The shockproof design allows it to withstand drops from up to 10
feet. Lifetime warranty including Led lights. (See Limited Lifetime Warranty
on packing)."

Academy stores carry this 2 d cell led flashlight for about $20
http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/pcd/926.../adtg/01250541
it can be switched from using 4 to only 2 of its leds, decresing power
consumption even more than its already miserly usage of batteries, and even
includes 2 d cell batteries when purchased

this site evaluates led flashlights and even has more epxensive led
flashlights for those who have the bucks
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledleft.htm

this moo's for you

Matt

If they don't burn out, then why do they only last 11 years?

John Doe

I wrote:

Brinkmann (1-800-527-0717) sells replacement bulbs for the Maxfire Dual
Xenon flashlight directly for $10 USD each (with or without shipping).
The part number is 802-2200-0. Definitely my kind of flashlight,
depending on how long the bulbs last.

Take care.

MUADIB®

Cause the carcenogens have leaked completely out..........It's kinda
like the magic smoke from electronics.

If they don't burn out, then why do they only last 11 years?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....