Richard

Default American Standard Tub /Shower Faucet -- leaking

I've a 10yr old American Standard single lever faucet for the
tub/shower.

It's leaking, so I disassembled what I could to see what is there.

I'm down to a gray cartridge with the marking 1586 stamped on the side.
In the back it has a big 'mouth' hole (3/4") and two smaller 'eye'
holes (1/2"). Each has a rubber ring (with three ridges). One is
'stuck' under part of the cartridge assembly...looks like it was
misaligned when the unit was sealed

Two more holes for the escutcheon screws. (what the heck does
escutcheon mean?)
The lever in front is metal and is mounted in a white plastic assembly
that controls the mixing. The handle has the # 106-30-C-04 stamped
inside it.

I presume cartridges are glued together and shouldn't be disassembled.
I didn't find anything while poking around
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/. All the current models seems to
have an anti-scalding piece. I must give A.S. a hats off for all the
great parts images, even though none help me.

Anyone know if there is a part that can replace this ? Either A.S. or
knock-off will do for me.

Speedy Jim

Richard wrote:

[...]

es-cutch-eon (i skuch'uhn) n.
1. a shield or shieldlike surface on which a
coat of arms is depicted.
2. an ornamental or protective plate around
a keyhole, door handle, drawer pull,
light switch, etc.
3. a panel on the stern of a vessel bearing
its name.

That's probably one of their ceramic disc cartridges.
I doubt if you'll find one anywhere except an AmStd carrying
plumbing supply. Maybe an on-line dealer. Do a GOOGLE.
I don't know how helpful AmStd would be if you called them...

Jim
Richard

FWIW,

A.S. referred me to Plumbers Depot 800.448.8977
They said I had an Aquarian cartridge, 4gal/min.
Note: there are two sizes
4 gal/min, 1-13/16 outside diameter
8 gal/min, 2-1/16 outside diameter

Opinion Needed - American Standard Champion Toilet Alan Home Ownership 0 January 18th 05 02:55 PM
American Standard Champion Toilet Opinion Needed Alan Home Repair 6 January 17th 05 06:21 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Kitchen faucet replacement Doug Kanter Home Repair 1 May 1st 04 04:36 PM
Brand new American Standard Toilet leaks (Williamsburg) ThinkNotes Home Repair 3 December 23rd 03 07:29 PM