Default gas fireplace PROBLEM...PLEASE help

I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time for
the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now, the
pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on. Any
ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this and
could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now and I
wanted to turn the fire on.

Thanks!

~KJPRO~

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time for
the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now, the
pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on. Any
ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this and
could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now and I
wanted to turn the fire on.

Thanks!

Make a call to a service company.

That's the best idea.