DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   gas fireplace PROBLEM...PLEASE help (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/87774-gas-fireplace-problem-please-help.html)

[email protected] January 22nd 05 10:28 PM

gas fireplace PROBLEM...PLEASE help

I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time for
the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now, the
pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on. Any
ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this and
could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now and I
wanted to turn the fire on.

Thanks!

~KJPRO~ January 22nd 05 10:39 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time for
the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now, the
pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on. Any
ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this and
could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now and I
wanted to turn the fire on.

Thanks!

Make a call to a service company.

That's the best idea.

~kjpro~

Joseph Meehan January 23rd 05 12:03 AM

wrote:
I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time
for the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now,
the pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on.
Any ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this
and could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now
and I wanted to turn the fire on.

Thanks!

It could be several things. Some could be dangerous, but I am guessing
they are unlikely. However someone is going to have to find out WHY you are
having the problem, before anyone can tell you how to fix it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math