jhill

Default Where to get parts for McCulloch electric chain saw?

I need the nylon gear that the electric motor drives, has the small spur
gear on the side that drives the chain. I tried searching on Google and
Yahoo for "McCulloch electric chain saw parts" and get nothing useful. Lots
of hits for gas Mccullochs parts. Any other search suggestions?

Duane Bozarth

jhill wrote:

I need the nylon gear that the electric motor drives, has the small spur
gear on the side that drives the chain. I tried searching on Google and
Yahoo for "McCulloch electric chain saw parts" and get nothing useful. Lots
of hits for gas Mccullochs parts. Any other search suggestions?

Your local small engine repair service or dedicated dealer if you're in
a large enough place to have one comes to mind...

Duane Bozarth

jhill wrote:

I live in a small town a hundred miles from a large city.

Sounds about like us although town is large enough to have at least a
small engine repair shop that carries or can get parts for most brand
names...

I guess lacking that my next step would be to go directly to
McCulloch--I presume there's some service/repair center info w/ the
owner's manual? Failing that, I'd go to the phone book for the larger
town and find the dealer/distributor there.

Of course, if it's just a low-cost "homeowner" saw it may not be
cost-effective or if it's very old parts may not be available. I don't
have any McCulloch stuff (all "green" ) so don't know how they are
for that sort of thing.

The advantage of the "all green" scenario is while initial price is
higher than some alternatives, the dealer is here and parts are
available in a day or two at most, even for very old stuff...
Greg

I don't
have any McCulloch stuff (all "green" ) so don't know how they are
for that sort of thing.

SOL for the most part. McColloch has been out of business since the early 90s.
I have a McC electric that I have been nursing along but it is mostly "what
will fit" from other manufacturers. The idea of finding a mom and pop lawn
equipment shop is right though. Just don't expect to get lucky at the first 10
or so ;-)

Greg O

SOL for the most part. McColloch has been out of business since the early

90s.

They are still around, but really no more chainsaws and other yard
equipment.
http://www.mccullochpower.com/
Greg

bumtracks

MTD has taken over the distribution of McCulloch parts.
\ We are still a McCulloch service & parts dealer
http://www.dreamscape.com/fayequip/parts_we_carry.htm

"jhill" wrote in message
I need the nylon gear that the electric motor drives, has the small spur
gear on the side that drives the chain. I tried searching on Google and
Yahoo for "McCulloch electric chain saw parts" and get nothing useful.

Lots
of hits for gas Mccullochs parts. Any other search suggestions?

Greg

Back from the dead huh? I guess MTD bought the name. They don't seem to have
any reference to the old McC products on that page. I know a few years ago when
I was looking for parts, the consensus was there wasn't any McCulloch.
jhill

Thanks to all that responded. I did not know Mcculloch was out of business.
Must be why I had so much trouble finding parts suppliers. Also why I was
able to get them at an auction so cheap! I bought two, one is cheaply made
home user type with the stripped plastic gear, and the other is a better
made more commercial-looking unit that does not seem to have any plastic
gears.
I will try the two sources recomended by "Greg O" and "Bumtracks"

"jhill" wrote in message
I need the nylon gear that the electric motor drives, has the small spur
gear on the side that drives the chain. I tried searching on Google and
Yahoo for "McCulloch electric chain saw parts" and get nothing useful.

Lots
of hits for gas Mccullochs parts. Any other search suggestions?

Oscar_Lives

"jhill" wrote in message
I need the nylon gear that the electric motor drives, has the small spur
gear on the side that drives the chain. I tried searching on Google and
Yahoo for "McCulloch electric chain saw parts" and get nothing useful.
Lots
of hits for gas Mccullochs parts. Any other search suggestions?

Parts Orders
USA Ph. (800)-521-8559
Fax (520)-574-4140
Canada Ph. (800)-561-0004
Fax (905)-792-6060

Product & Warranty Service Ph. (800) 521-8559

McCulloch Corporate Office Ph. (562) 926-9699
Fax (562) 926-2228

Email Contact
Sales & General information:
Parts & Service USA

Canada Service ?
Europe Service
www.mcculloch-europe.com

Attached Images

chain saw case RB Home Repair 3 January 5th 05 03:07 AM
Heads up on service manuals! JW Electronics Repair 10 August 4th 04 02:53 PM
GE HTS22GBMARWW Digital Controls refrig 22 cu ft.....main bord failure number #3! henrib7 Home Repair 7 June 13th 04 09:30 AM
Chain tensioner ideas Old Nick Metalworking 19 March 27th 04 12:15 AM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM