Ikon

Default Laminate on concrete slab floor

My house is on the concrete slab. Is it Ok to replace my old carpet
with laminate, or it will be too cold ? Is there some kind of
thermo-insulated underpad designed specifically for conrete slab floors
?

I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ikon" wrote in message
ups.com...
My house is on the concrete slab. Is it Ok to replace my old carpet
with laminate, or it will be too cold ? Is there some kind of
thermo-insulated underpad designed specifically for conrete slab floors
?

I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

Yes, it can be installed. Check withthe manufacturer for details. It will
probably require a vapor barrier.

In any case, it will feel colder than the carpet even if it is not. It is a
matter of physics of thermal transfer as the smoth laminate will pull heat
out of your body faster than a pourus carpet.

tweaked

"Ikon" wrote in
ups.com:

My house is on the concrete slab. Is it Ok to replace my old carpet
with laminate, or it will be too cold ? Is there some kind of
thermo-insulated underpad designed specifically for conrete slab floors
?

I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

Yes, as per manufacturers directions. You will need a moisture test.

Fitting floor boards over solid concrete floor CharlieB UK diy 1 November 27th 04 08:10 PM
Update on wood floor over concrete base Mat and Suzy Home Repair 1 March 1st 04 02:10 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
wood floor on uneven slab Robert Sefton Home Repair 1 July 20th 03 03:45 PM
Floor slab layers & services Toby UK diy 2 July 7th 03 10:53 AM