Jim M

Default Roof Rake or shovel?

Hi and thanks for any info on this. I have done a Google search on "Roof
Rake" Roof Shovel" and I can't seem to find a CANADIAN supplier for this. I
have a 4 foot drift on top of my garage and am too afraid to get up there
with a conventional shovel as the added weight might make the roof give
way....not to mention damage to the ashphalt shingles (new last summer).
I am in Saskatchewan. Presently have the truck plugged in and am about
to try Home Depot or Rona. Temperature this morning is -34 C (-31F) with a
wind chill of -55 C (-67F).....Brrrr

Thanks for any local advice....Jim

f/256

"Jim M" jim wrote in message ...
Hi and thanks for any info on this. I have done a Google search on

"Roof
Rake" Roof Shovel" and I can't seem to find a CANADIAN supplier for this.

have a 4 foot drift on top of my garage and am too afraid to get up there
with a conventional shovel as the added weight might make the roof give
way....not to mention damage to the ashphalt shingles (new last summer).
I am in Saskatchewan. Presently have the truck plugged in and am

about
to try Home Depot or Rona. Temperature this morning is -34 C (-31F) with

wind chill of -55 C (-67F).....Brrrr

Canadian Tire sells a Yardworks Roof Rake Product# 59-6961-8, about 16'
total length but you can buy extensions to make longer.

Guillermo

NoSpamFANatic

Roof rake is best, homehardware or rona has em for 50C$ with 30' of handle.
Never go on an icy roof unless ordered to do so by Dr.Kavorkian.
"twfsa" wrote in message
Keep that cold air up there.

Tom

"f/256" wrote in message

"Jim M" jim wrote in message

[...]

Kiwanda

"NoSpamFANatic" wrote in news:4d1Gd.56976
:

Roof rake is best, homehardware or rona has em for 50C$ with 30' of

handle.
Never go on an icy roof unless ordered to do so by Dr.Kavorkian.

You'll love this. I have a 30' roof rake that I use a few times each
winter, basically when the snow gets more than about 18" deep on the
roof or when a thaw is coming (it was -28 here last night, so no thaw
for a while). One day last winter, when I was out getting ready to
rake the roof, I heard my neighbor's small snow blower running. I
knew he'd already spent two hours doing his walks, because I was out
running my 10HP blower for about 15 minutes doing mine. Anyway, I go
around front and there he is UP ON THE ROOF RUNNING THE SNOW BLOWER
to clear things off. This is a ranch with a moderately pitched roof,
but he'd standing up there in 24" of fresh snow running a 3 hp
blower. I ended up going back inside and watching from the window,
with the phone nearby so I could call 911 when he fell-- it was
either that or get the camcorder to film it. Surprisingly, he got
the whole thing cleared and made it down the ladder to boot.

-Derek
Tom

there he is UP ON THE ROOF RUNNING THE SNOW BLOWER
Heheee! Tom

Work at your leisure!

Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
Anyone want some heart pine roof decking? woodyq Woodworking 1 March 29th 04 11:25 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM