Rich

Default Additional Receiver. Hopefully, I don't blow something up... Please see the JPG.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46621071VEvXzs

For some reason, I have not made my question clear or there really are 5
different answers.

In the JPG, it is #5 I want to add. I'm going to buy the receiver and
splitter over the weekend to find out once and for all. Hopefully, I don't
blow something up...

questions:
Will TV 5 be able to watch it's own programming?
Will I damage my sat receiver?
Has anyone hooked this up with lasting success? I know a few have said yes,
but I want to be sure that TV5 can view it's own programming.

Thanks for all the feedback !
Rich

GMAN

In article nNMDd.912$C.253@trnddc05, "Rich" wrote:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46621071VEvXzs

For some reason, I have not made my question clear or there really are 5
different answers.

\

NO, do NOT use a splitter to hook up another receiver to your system. You need
a 2x8 or 3x8 Multiswitch . You can just do a search for "multiswitch" on ebay
or contact one of the many directv sellers around town. They will have one for
sale.

A standard tv splitter will burn out 1 or all of the receivers, there is 13v
and 18v present on the coax

If you already have 4 units right now odds are you already have a 2x4 or 3x4
multiswitch and youd basically replace that and install the new one in its
place. It will then have 4 extra conenctions so that you can hook up to
another 4 receivers for a grand total of 8 boxes!!!

In the JPG, it is #5 I want to add. I'm going to buy the receiver and
splitter over the weekend to find out once and for all. Hopefully, I don't
blow something up...

questions:
Will TV 5 be able to watch it's own programming?
Will I damage my sat receiver?
Has anyone hooked this up with lasting success? I know a few have said yes,
but I want to be sure that TV5 can view it's own programming.

Thanks for all the feedback !
Rich

JerryMouse

Rich wrote:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46621071VEvXzs

For some reason, I have not made my question clear or there really
are 5 different answers.

In the JPG, it is #5 I want to add. I'm going to buy the receiver and
splitter over the weekend to find out once and for all. Hopefully, I
don't blow something up...

questions:
Will TV 5 be able to watch it's own programming?
Will I damage my sat receiver?
Has anyone hooked this up with lasting success? I know a few have
said yes, but I want to be sure that TV5 can view it's own
programming.

Thanks for all the feedback !
Rich

You CANNOT split the feed from the dish (without using a multiswitch). You
CAN split the output of the IRD.

The output of the IRD (dish receiver) is only one channel, so everybody
downstream will be watching the same thing.