Percival P. Cassidy

Default Snowblower does not blow snow far enough

Belt slipping? -- if it's belt driven. Our previous church was given one
by another church. It didn't work very well, and when I investigated, I
found that the belt had been installed the wrong side of the idler pulley.

Perce

On 01/05/05 05:17 pm Ignoramus584 tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I have a snowblower that I bought used. I put in a new HMSK-80 engine
last year. It worked great for a while, and then for some reason,
instead of blowing snow far as it used to do, it blew snow not very
far, like 4-5 feet instead of maybe 10-20 feet before.

That happened last year on the last pile of snow, so could not check
much more, but this year it is happening again.

Why could that be? It is a Bolens 24" two stage snowblower.

Mark

wrote in message
On 5 Jan 2005 22:17:30 GMT, Ignoramus584
wrote:

I have a snowblower that I bought used. I put in a new HMSK-80 engine
last year. It worked great for a while, and then for some reason,
instead of blowing snow far as it used to do, it blew snow not very
far, like 4-5 feet instead of maybe 10-20 feet before.

That happened last year on the last pile of snow, so could not check
much more, but this year it is happening again.

Why could that be? It is a Bolens 24" two stage snowblower.

The type of snow can have a huge impact on how far it gets thrown. Dry

snow
throws easier and farther.

BB

Something similar happened to me last year with my relatively new John
Deere. I found that the drive belt had loosened and the impeller wasn't
running at full speed, therefore, throwing the snow only a short distance.

--
Mark
Pepperell, MA

Stormin Mormon

You can also coat the inside surfaces (blade, chute, inner walls) with
silicone spray so that the snow flies off instead of hangs up.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

"Ignoramus584" wrote in message

Thanks guys. The hypothesis about belt slipping is definitely worth
investigating. At least I can do something about that, it is
conctrollable , unlike wetness of snow.

willshak

On 1/5/2005 8:01 PM US(ET), Stormin Mormon took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

You can also coat the inside surfaces (blade, chute, inner walls) with
silicone spray so that the snow flies off instead of hangs up.

I use Pam (no-stick spray for pans).

--
Bill