meirman

Default clogged Sunroc water fountain

I'm trying to fix a SunRoc water cooler/fountain that cools fine but
not much water comes out. Model NSW-8. I got the exploded view from
the SunRoc site,
http://www.sunroc.com/parts_service/index.cfm#pressure. Mine has the
button on the bubbler instead of separately. After dissassembling it,
it seems like the screen may be clogged (There are green deposits on
the side of the screen, none in the middle though on the side I can
look at.)

Is it possible to remove the bubbler from the stainless steel top
plate? The "nut" underneath is not a hex nut. It's some wierd shape,
and I don't know of a wrench that would fit it well.

Would removing the bubbler enable my friend and me to find and clean
the input screen?. Or replace it? (although It's not listed as a part
on the SunRoc site, however, afaict so far. On one of the PDF files,
the whole bubbler is listed and it is is $126.79! That includes all
the valve parts of course.)

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
meirman

A friend suggests some chemical could clean the screen, so we wouldn't
have to take anything more apart.

What would remove the water deposits from what I think is a copper
screen? Vinegar?

Something I can buy at a retail store, and don't have to go to a
chemical supply company. (Although there is a janitorial supply
company I deal with sometimes that has lots of interesting chemicals.)

The deposits are blue-green. This is the water fountain/cooler below
which barely lets out any water.

In alt.home.repair on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:26:42 -0500 meirman
posted:

meirman wrote:
A friend suggests some chemical could clean the screen, so we

wouldn't
have to take anything more apart.

What would remove the water deposits from what I think is a copper
screen? Vinegar?

[cut whining ... ]

Read the manual, contact the
manufacturer, or a plumber, or
buy Poland Springs (I happen to
have a few bottles I'd let go
for a reasonable price :-)

__Mark

A/C Drainage Pipe clogged... water backing up into hallway Ringo Langly Home Repair 5 August 19th 04 02:50 PM
A/C Drainage Pipe clogged... water backing up into hallway Ringo Langly Home Repair 6 August 17th 04 09:15 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM