Dave Combs

Default Crusher on Refer Icemaker stopped working

The crusher option on my refrigerator's icemaker has stopped working
although cubes come out fine. It is a 2 year old Kenmore made by Amana.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave Combs" wrote in message
The crusher option on my refrigerator's icemaker has stopped working
although cubes come out fine. It is a 2 year old Kenmore made by Amana.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd just use cubes. My wife would bitch about it not working though.

Mad Mac

Dave Combs wrote:
The crusher option on my refrigerator's icemaker has stopped working
although cubes come out fine. It is a 2 year old Kenmore made by Amana.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

The crushed/cubed option is **generally** selected by a solenoid in the
back of the freezer which engages a rod in the back of the ice bucket.

Can you post a model number (should start 596.), then we can see what
you have.
Appliance Repair Aid

Mad Mac wrote:
Dave Combs wrote:
The crusher option on my refrigerator's icemaker has stopped

working
although cubes come out fine. It is a 2 year old Kenmore made by

Amana.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

The crushed/cubed option is **generally** selected by a solenoid in

the
back of the freezer which engages a rod in the back of the ice

bucket.

Can you post a model number (should start 596.), then we can see what

you have.

Hi and Happy New Years,

This may help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/001.JPG
There should be a solenoid behind the ice bucket ( see picture above )
that moves an metal arm on the ice bucket to move the crush teeth away
for cubes or keeps the crush teeth in place for crushed cubes. The arm
or solenoid may be frozen in place or stuck?!?
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

SJF

Mad Mac wrote:
Dave Combs wrote:
[...]

I have found ice in the area displayed in the linked diagram when fixing
ice-maker problems on my refrigerator. My remedy was to move the contents
to an ice chest and thoroughly defrost the freezer compartment using a fan
to blow air into the open door. Takes about an hour. Be prepared to mop up
thawed water. SJF