Appliance Repair Aid

Mad Mac wrote:
Dave Combs wrote:
The crusher option on my refrigerator's icemaker has stopped

working
although cubes come out fine. It is a 2 year old Kenmore made by

Amana.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

The crushed/cubed option is **generally** selected by a solenoid in

the
back of the freezer which engages a rod in the back of the ice

bucket.

Can you post a model number (should start 596.), then we can see what

you have.

Hi and Happy New Years,

This may help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/001.JPG
There should be a solenoid behind the ice bucket ( see picture above )
that moves an metal arm on the ice bucket to move the crush teeth away
for cubes or keeps the crush teeth in place for crushed cubes. The arm
or solenoid may be frozen in place or stuck?!?
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/