Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bonnie Jean

Default insulation of styrofoam

Another question for all of you,

I have one of those birdfeeders that goes into a window like an air
conditioner. I haven't used it in years but would like to. I need to put
something on both sides since it doesn't reach the edges of my window. I was
thinking of using Styrofoam boards that I've gotten from packaging. It would
be easy for me to cut into the proper size. I would then paint it to blend
with the wall.

But is the wind and cold going to come right through it? Should I just set
it up in the warmer months to avoid a draft in my bedroom?

Thanks Again,
Bonnie

PS- This is on a different side of the house from those rascal squirrels.