Bill

Default Need to insulate large, deep casement windows

I am looking for low cost (as low as possible) acrylic sheets or Lexan
to cut into size to put over the inside of my large 76" X 68" deep
casement windows for less heat loss. Any steers on where to find this
stuff or something else that would work? Must be as transparent as
acrylic (.080").
effi

"Bill" wrote in message
I am looking for low cost (as low as possible) acrylic sheets or Lexan
to cut into size to put over the inside of my large 76" X 68" deep
casement windows for less heat loss. Any steers on where to find this
stuff or something else that would work? Must be as transparent as
acrylic (.080").

low cost lexan?
good luck

shrink film like this might be an inexpensive alternative for your
application, at about $10 to $15
http://builders-hardware.aubuchonhar...ows-282979.asp

We have some plexiglass sheets used that way.
The windows are about 72 inches tall by 32 inches wide.
The sheets have a tendency to bow.
I think your installation will require structural support.
TB

John Hines

Bill wrote:

I am looking for low cost (as low as possible) acrylic sheets or Lexan
to cut into size to put over the inside of my large 76" X 68" deep
casement windows for less heat loss. Any steers on where to find this
stuff or something else that would work? Must be as transparent as
acrylic (.080").

Whip up some sort of simple frame, and use the hair dryer shrink to fit
window film over the resulting window.