Junior Member

Default Honywell Smartfit system.

I hope this is in the right place.
My wife's friend has her heating controlled by the a 'Honywell Smartfit' system and the room unit is showing 'F12' and the system isn't working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Bubba

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:46:43 +0000, longmoggy
wrote:

I hope this is in the right place.
My wife's friend has her heating controlled by the a 'Honywell
Smartfit' system and the room unit is showing 'F12' and the system
isn't working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Dig out that book called the Yellow Pages and find a good repair
technician.
"Your Welcome"
Bubba
Matt

I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.

They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

Ed Clarke

In article .com, Matt wrote:
I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.
They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

It's "Communication Fault between Room Unit and Base Unit".

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/home...on%20Guide.PDF

Next time, use google. It tells you what to do in that pdf file.

--
"De inimico non loquaris sed cogites."
Travis Jordan

longmoggy wrote:
I hope this is in the right place.
My wife's friend has her heating controlled by the a 'Honywell
Smartfit' system and the room unit is showing 'F12' and the system
isn't working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.honeywell.nl/?id=61

Matt

I agree, but you still don't know what the cause of the communication
fault is. I still say he should just put in a new F12 and be done with
it.

HeatMan

uh-huh....

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article .com, Matt

wrote:
I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.
They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

It's "Communication Fault between Room Unit and Base Unit".

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/home...lation%20Guide
..PDF

honeywell.com/uk? Is the OP in the states or the UK?

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.

They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.
Oh my aching sides.;-)