DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Honywell Smartfit system. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/83622-honywell-smartfit-system.html)

longmoggy December 29th 04 04:46 PM

Honywell Smartfit system.

I hope this is in the right place.
My wife's friend has her heating controlled by the a 'Honywell Smartfit' system and the room unit is showing 'F12' and the system isn't working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bubba December 29th 04 05:54 PM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:46:43 +0000, longmoggy
wrote:

I hope this is in the right place.
My wife's friend has her heating controlled by the a 'Honywell
Smartfit' system and the room unit is showing 'F12' and the system
isn't working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Dig out that book called the Yellow Pages and find a good repair
technician.
"Your Welcome"
Bubba

Matt December 29th 04 06:29 PM

I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.

They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

Ed Clarke December 29th 04 09:22 PM

In article .com, Matt wrote:
I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.
They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

It's "Communication Fault between Room Unit and Base Unit".

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/home...on%20Guide.PDF

Next time, use google. It tells you what to do in that pdf file.

--
"De inimico non loquaris sed cogites."

Travis Jordan December 29th 04 09:23 PM

http://www.honeywell.nl/?id=61

Matt December 29th 04 09:26 PM

I agree, but you still don't know what the cause of the communication
fault is. I still say he should just put in a new F12 and be done with
it.

HeatMan December 29th 04 09:58 PM

uh-huh....

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article .com, Matt

wrote:
I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.
They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

It's "Communication Fault between Room Unit and Base Unit".

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/home...lation%20Guide
..PDF

honeywell.com/uk? Is the OP in the states or the UK?

longmoggy December 29th 04 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt
I don't know about that Bubba - he might just need a new 'F12'.

They have em at home depot, but I think you can just take one off of
most any keyboard and use it as well.

Oh my aching sides.;-)

longmoggy December 29th 04 11:10 PM

It's in the UK!