Howie

Default new Kenmore dishwasher, no parts / manuals included?

We bought a Kenmore dishwasher at a local Sears outlet store, but it didn't
include any parts for installation, nor any manuals for installation. We
were sent a "Dishwasher Use & Care Guide"...

Is it a big deal that we didn't have any parts included? What would have
been missing? Are they of any expense? Do I need an installation manual?

Tom

"Howie" wrote in message
We bought a Kenmore dishwasher at a local Sears outlet store, but it
didn't
include any parts for installation, nor any manuals for installation. We
were sent a "Dishwasher Use & Care Guide"...

Is it a big deal that we didn't have any parts included? What would have
been missing? Are they of any expense? Do I need an installation manual?

If it's a builtin, the only thing that comes with it is the new drain hose.
No a/c cord or plumbing fittings. It it was a portable, there would have
been an adapter for your sink faucet. If builtin, it goes back in the hole
the same as the old came out and uses the old a/c cord. You might have to
purchase an adapter to fit the old water line to the new inlet valve if it
is different, but like I said that wouldn't have come with the new one,
anyway.

Tom

"Howie" wrote in message
It's a new install (we don't presently have a dishwasher at all). I was
reading that you can use an automotive cooling hose for a drain line...

Sears ( at least at the Sears Hardware, I work at) sells a dishwasher
installation kit and drain hoses. You'll probably need a new quarter stop
valve for under the sink and either electrical hardwired in from the circuit
box or a cord if you have an outlet under the sink. If you have a disposal,
be sure to knock out the drain plug in it when you hook up the drain hose
(easily forgotten). I would bet that the store you bought it at would be
willing to at least make a copy of the installation instructions from
another unit on the floor. I've done that many times at no cost to the
customer. Beats ordering one from parts for $10.

Install stuff and hoses, etc are extra on any dishwasher. I had to
call Sears parts and get my owners manual and service manual (which did
have installation instructions).