Mike Ballard

Default gas treatment for winter-area snowblower/mower motors

Hi -

I'm sort of new to snow areas and never had to leave a mower or snowblower
sitting for half a year. Before I put either away for the year I drain
the gas and run the motor repeatedly until it won't start anymore trying
to get as much gas out as possible. But does anyone use STP gas treatment
in something like a 4-cycle snowblower motor when breaking it out to take
care of varnish/gumming problems for the small amounts of gas that
probably got left behind?

Mike
--

net [one dot] verizon [cymbal] ballard [no spaces] mike [reverse the whole thing]

----------------------------
Visit http://www.anysoldier.us/index.cfm

William Deans

Greetings,

Just draining the gas has always worked for me. Does the manual state that
draining the gas in insufficient?

Hope this helps,
William

"Mike Ballard" wrote in message

Hi -

I'm sort of new to snow areas and never had to leave a mower or snowblower
sitting for half a year. Before I put either away for the year I drain
the gas and run the motor repeatedly until it won't start anymore trying
to get as much gas out as possible. But does anyone use STP gas treatment
in something like a 4-cycle snowblower motor when breaking it out to take
care of varnish/gumming problems for the small amounts of gas that
probably got left behind?

Mike
--

net [one dot] verizon [cymbal] ballard [no spaces] mike [reverse the whole

thing]

----------------------------
Visit http://www.anysoldier.us/index.cfm

George

"Mike Ballard" wrote in message

Hi -

I'm sort of new to snow areas and never had to leave a mower or snowblower
sitting for half a year. Before I put either away for the year I drain
the gas and run the motor repeatedly until it won't start anymore trying
to get as much gas out as possible. But does anyone use STP gas treatment
in something like a 4-cycle snowblower motor when breaking it out to take
care of varnish/gumming problems for the small amounts of gas that
probably got left behind?

Mike
--

I have had good success adding a fuel stabilizer at the end of season and
running to insure treated fuel gets to the carb. I think some parts need to