I don't think so - the burner is so loud it is hard to tell, but the
pump is not getting real hot, and it is certainly not running on its
own when the boiler is off.

I am guessing relay, bad wire, or the pump itself. Hopefully I will
know soon enough. The tech is supposed to be here by now...

Bluesman

************** IT IS FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
****************

It was the Honeywell Aquastat relay. The elctrical connection to the
pump was dead, so the circ pump never moved the hot water to the hard
to reach radiators. I knew it was the F%$ing circ pump!

The part was covered under my service plan, so I paid nothing, and I
got a hell of an education learning about it. While I asking the tech
all the questions he eventually asked if I wanted a job...

Thanks again guys...I am sure I will have some more stupid questions
going forward, but hopefully not about this again.
Regards,

Bluesman

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
************** IT IS FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
****************

It was the Honeywell Aquastat relay. The elctrical connection to the
pump was dead, so the circ pump never moved the hot water to the hard
to reach radiators. I knew it was the F%$ing circ pump!

The part was covered under my service plan, so I paid nothing, and I
got a hell of an education learning about it. While I asking the tech
all the questions he eventually asked if I wanted a job...

Glad it is going again. The problem we have diagnosing over a computer is
not being able to check voltages and stuff that takes only a few minutes
when you are there and see just how it is wired. At least your toes will be
warm in the morning.

Followup: York heat pump replacement - quote sounds high, thoughts? Peter Drier Home Repair 5 June 26th 04 07:31 AM
A quick question. Ian UK diy 12 February 29th 04 10:34 AM
Calculating window heat loss Duane Morin Home Repair 9 February 21st 04 03:42 PM
Contemplating unvented Indirect hot water upgrade vortex2 UK diy 21 December 3rd 03 11:51 PM
Do you have a heat pump? jim Home Repair 17 July 14th 03 09:45 AM