barry martin

Default Outside Lighting

Steve:

S I currently have an outside light with a single pole switch, what I want to
S do is install another outside light over the garage in series with the
S existing light and switch and also add another switch in the garage to
S control both lights.
S I have found some schematic on the web but I want to sure before I attempt
S this that I have the correct information. I believe what I'm installing is
S the typical circuit that you would have for a hallway light that is
S controlled by two switches.
S Any info would be great.

Nope: you're going to have to add another wire to act as the
'traveller" for the three-way switch circuit. As this is probably
going to be more of a bother than it's worth you might want to look
into wireless controllers such as X-10's. Radio Shack offers some
basic X-10 devices; you can also check at x10.com and smarthome.com

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* HORATIO: Numerical relation of hookers to clients.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Pop

| Nope: you're going to have to add another wire to act as the
| 'traveller" for the three-way switch circuit. As this is
probably
| going to be more of a bother than it's worth you might want to
look
| into wireless controllers such as X-10's. Radio Shack offers
some
| basic X-10 devices; you can also check at x10.com and
smarthome.com

Just FYI, but ... X-10 was a very prolific spam supporter early
on when I made myself the promise I would never buy their product
and would spread the word at every opportunity. There are
better, more reliable manufacturers out there than X-10, as in,
anyone.

Just my two pence

Pop