Mark Morissette

Default Hot Tub w/Milky Water?

Hey everyone.. I looked around and couldn't find any definite answer
to this problem..

I have a smaller 5 person Hot Tub on my lower deck.. Wonderfull
little unit, perfect for me and the wife.

I maintain the water to the n'th degree (I use Bromine, not Chlorine,
in case it matters), and my ballances are always good...no issues
there. While idle, or in low-speed heating mode, my water is
crystal clear.

I don't overload on chemicals, or skimp - only what's needed, as
needed.

However, whenever I kick on the highspeed jets, my water goes
completely milky white...

For the first few weeks after a water change (every 3 months), this
doesn't happen - I can run the jets with full aeration, and the water
remains clear enough even through the bubbles to see your feet on the
bottom of the tub..

However, this happens within a month or a month and a half of every
fresh water fill...

It doesn't appear to be any sort of particulate issues, as within 3 to
5 minutes of turning the jets off, the water clears completely again,
back to crystal clear - no residue, nothing..

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone offer a resolution?

It really doesn't effect the functionality or enjoyment of the tub at
all, and my water balances are never an issue regardless, but it's
more of an appearance issue....whenever we do have friends over who
want to use the tub, I find that I try to keep the highspeed jets off
as much as possible, as the white murky water after the fact is a
little less then attractive, if not harmless...

Respond here, or email...

Remove the obvious spam-bait on above email addy..

Thanks!
Mark

Sounds like mineral deposits. I have hot tub and was adding a lot of
water for a couple of months due to a small leak. When adding water,
you are adding minerals which start to suspend due to warm to hot water
temperature. Just add scale remover (for spas and hot tubs) from your
local pool supply store and follow directions. Should clear it up.

need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM