meirman

Default Dishwasher smells, has liquid in bottom.

My friend's dishwasher doesn't smell so good. What's a good way to
get rid of the smell.

It also always has some water in the bottom. Is that ok? It's a
Nautilous model I think, but I keep forgetting the make. I can get
the make if it is important.

Nautilous.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

My friend's dishwasher doesn't smell so good. What's a good way to
get rid of the smell.

Depends on why it is smelling. This a new problem, happening a while?
Built in model, postable model, any plumbing changes lately?

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=893478

DishwasherMagic: Specifically designed to clean dishwashers of lime
scale, iron and soap scum buildup, safely and effectively.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=821

Glisten Dishwasher Cleaner and Deodorizer - Get your dishwasher
sparkling clean and lemon fresh. Removes built-up soap scum and
discoloration due to iron and other water impurities. Also works great
in washing machines, porcelain sinks and porcelain tubs. 3 ounce
packet.

These may help.

It also always has some water in the bottom. Is that ok?

Many dishwashers will have water visable in the bottom.

It's a
Nautilous model I think, but I keep forgetting the make. I can get
the make if it is important.

Some model# helps....
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

effi

"meirman" wrote in message
news
My friend's dishwasher doesn't smell so good. What's a good way to
get rid of the smell.

It also always has some water in the bottom. Is that ok? It's a
Nautilous model I think, but I keep forgetting the make. I can get
the make if it is important.

Nautilous.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

sounds like maybe the drain is plugged

does the drain line run into a garbage disposal?

does the garbage disposal work if so?

Walter R.

It is normal to have some water at the bottom of the tub. All dishwashers
do.

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net
-