D'Olier

Default mattress

This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want
to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely
used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown
away.

Paul

G. Morgan

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:27:49 -0600 "D'Olier"
used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want
to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely
used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown
away.

Put a free ad in the Hometown Shopper, or Greensheet.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
G. Morgan

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:33:13 -0600 "G. Morgan"
used 15 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:27:49 -0600 "D'Olier"
used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want
to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely
used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown
away.

Put a free ad in the Hometown Shopper, or Greensheet.

Better yet, call Goodwill or another local charity- they will come pick it up.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Joseph Meehan

D'Olier wrote:
This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I
want to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full
size barely used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I
hate to see it thrown away.

Paul

Homeless shelter? Local college around, the kids will be coming back
after Christmas vacation and some will be looking for such things.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Phisherman

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:34:33 -0600, G. Morgan
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:33:13 -0600 "G. Morgan"
used 15 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:27:49 -0600 "D'Olier"
used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want
to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely
used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown
away.

Put a free ad in the Hometown Shopper, or Greensheet.

Better yet, call Goodwill or another local charity- they will come pick it up.

Not here. State law (TN) prohibits the selling of used mattresses.
They go to the trash dump.

JerryL

Not here. State law (TN) prohibits the selling of used mattresses.
They go to the trash dump.

Tennessee? Isn't that the state that allows sisters to marry brothers?
(Sorry, couldn't resist that)

pray4surf

Around my neighborhood, if I set something out with a large sign that says
'Free', it will never be taken. Yet, if I set a nominal price ($20.00),
it'll be swiped in no time...

I guess nothing is worth stealing if the 'owner' places no value on it...

Rick

Suzie-Q

In article , "D'Olier"
wrote:

- This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want
- to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely
- used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown
- away.
-
- Paul

Donate it to charity (if the law permits).
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
JerryMouse

D'Olier wrote:
This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I
want to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full
size barely used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I
hate to see it thrown away.

In many jurisdictions it is illegal to sell, give away, abandon, rent, loan,
barter, remanufactur, recycle, repackage, convert, re-pack, or anything else
with or to a used mattress, irrespective of whether it has visible stains
from unspeakable bodily fluids, human or animal.

If you put it on the curb for the urban faries, at least remove the tag.

Best thing is to leave it in a school yard at night. I do that with my
refrigerators.

Katie

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:27:49 -0600, "D'Olier" wrote:

This may be a little off topic but what should I do with a mattress I want
to get rid of - yet is in perfectly good condition? It's a full size barely
used mattress which we don't have room for anymore. I hate to see it thrown
away.

Paul

http://www.freecycle.org/

HTH,