Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Default Programmable Thermostat w/ 2-week Schedule?

As a dad who has 50% custody of his two kids -- one week on, one week
off -- I find myself wishing someone made a programmable thermostat that
could preheat the house at 5:30 am during the weekday mornings I get up
early so I can drive the kids to school; yet was polite enough to
preheat an hour later on the weeks I don't have the kids. I get to sleep
in longer those weeks. Every thermostat I've looked at so far has a
7-day program. I asked the kid at Home Depot about it and he went to ask
the manager and I've not seen him since.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus