willshak

On 12/11/2004 12:41 PM US(ET), Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott took
fingers to keys, and typed the following:

On 12/10/2004 11:58 PM TURTLE wrote:

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote in
message ...

As a dad who has 50% custody of his two kids -- one week on, one
week off -- I find myself wishing someone made a programmable
thermostat that could preheat the house at 5:30 am during the
weekday mornings I get up early so I can drive the kids to school;
yet was polite enough to preheat an hour later on the weeks I don't
have the kids. I get to sleep in longer those weeks. Every
thermostat I've looked at so far has a 7-day program. I asked the
kid at Home Depot about it and he went to ask the manager and I've
not seen him since.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

This is Turtle.

I'm suppost to know this and it is late and I can't think too good
here but i think your missing something here on the 5-1-1 , 5-2 , and
the 7 day thermostats.

Maybe I am missing something. Here's the goal:

WEEK 1 Program: M-F heat house by 6 am. Weekend, do nothing.
WEEK 2 Program: M-F heat house by 7:30 am. Weekend, do nothing.
Then alternate Week 1 and Week 2 programs.

I could take a 5/2 or 7-day thermo and change the programming every
weekend, I reckon, but was hoping for a 5/2/5/2 or 14-day programmable.

Thanks for the tip Lowe's/HD re finding the good thermostats. I've
always figured that neither of these big box retail giants sell the
best brands or models of anything.

They do sell the best brands of many things, it's just that the
'associates' are not familiar with the products.
Unless there is a thermostat that can handle both weeks, perhaps with a
memory chip that can be accessed to change from one weekly schedule to
another, your best bet would be as someone else suggested, two
thermostats side by side and connected to each other in parallel. One
for one week and the other for the next week. Just turn off the one you
don't want for that particular week.