TURTLE

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote in message
As a dad who has 50% custody of his two kids -- one week on, one week off -- I
find myself wishing someone made a programmable thermostat that could preheat
the house at 5:30 am during the weekday mornings I get up early so I can drive
the kids to school; yet was polite enough to preheat an hour later on the
weeks I don't have the kids. I get to sleep in longer those weeks. Every
thermostat I've looked at so far has a 7-day program. I asked the kid at Home
Depot about it and he went to ask the manager and I've not seen him since.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

This is Turtle.

I'm suppost to know this and it is late and I can't think too good here but i
think your missing something here on the 5-1-1 , 5-2 , and the 7 day
thermostats.

the 5-1-1 type will let you pick the temperatures of the week days as a hold to
set the temp. on and off at any time. Then you can pick the 2 says of the week
end and have different temps at different time.

The 5-2 the same story but you have to have the same temps for each of the 2
weekend days as set points.

The 7 day is suppose to let you pick what temp.s you want on and off any day in
the week or week end. you can turn it off on monday or set it different and on
friday set a different temp and times off and on. You can pick out any day and
do different things totally with each day. I can't think of anything you can't
do with a true 7 day thermostat.

Now Honeywell make a fair thermostat that can do just about everything you want
and more. It's a TH832U1006 Touch Screen Universal and is at this page
http://customer.honeywell.com/Honeywell/CatalogNavigator.aspx?Definition=Product&Catalog=H omes&Category=TH8321_32425&Product=TH8321U10068&Ch annelID={2EB2F178-20ED-44EO-97FB-CCFB4218DD64}#ProductSpecification

this one will do nicely for you can set the temp any where you want it or time
and also set the Humitity or % RH of your home.

Now let me tell you a little secret here. Home Depot Don't sell the good stuff
for the manufactor will not sell to them for the public to send it back for
warranty when the burn it up or just can't figure out how to install it. Your
going to have to buy it throught a hvac service company or maybe a friend who
works at a hvac supply house. Lows and Home Depot just don't sell the good
stuff. Also a true 7 day or a 5-1-1 or a 5-2 should do what you want if it is
the good stuff and not a over stock item the manufactor has on hand and can't
sell enougfh of them.

TURTLE