Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/10/2004 11:58 PM TURTLE wrote:

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott"
et wrote in message

As a dad who has 50% custody of his two kids -- one week on, one week off -- I
find myself wishing someone made a programmable thermostat that could preheat
the house at 5:30 am during the weekday mornings I get up early so I can drive
the kids to school; yet was polite enough to preheat an hour later on the
weeks I don't have the kids. I get to sleep in longer those weeks. Every
thermostat I've looked at so far has a 7-day program. I asked the kid at Home
Depot about it and he went to ask the manager and I've not seen him since.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

This is Turtle.

I'm suppost to know this and it is late and I can't think too good here but i
think your missing something here on the 5-1-1 , 5-2 , and the 7 day
thermostats.

Maybe I am missing something. Here's the goal:

WEEK 1 Program: M-F heat house by 6 am. Weekend, do nothing.
WEEK 2 Program: M-F heat house by 7:30 am. Weekend, do nothing.
Then alternate Week 1 and Week 2 programs.

I could take a 5/2 or 7-day thermo and change the programming every
weekend, I reckon, but was hoping for a 5/2/5/2 or 14-day programmable.

Thanks for the tip Lowe's/HD re finding the good thermostats. I've
always figured that neither of these big box retail giants sell the best
brands or models of anything.